So, last week we had a super post about Clean Eating Recipes, so this week’s post is to help you plan ahead for your weekly shop- yep you guessed it, the Edge team are here to help you with your shopping list:
Clean Shopping List
Spicy Spanish Chicken
Chop two chicken breasts into cubes
Fry in a little coconut oil until white
Add chopped red onion, a chopped chilli and garlic to the chicken and cook until the onions have softened
Add some chopped tomatoes and a few tablespoons of passata
Add a sieved tin of chickpeas and leave to simmer
Serve with some green salad sprinkled with mixed seeds
Homemade Bun-less Burgers
Use the leanest mince you can- sirloin mince is best
Add one finely chopped onion to the mince in a big bowl, add a tbslp of Worchester Sauce and a little rock salt and black pepper to taste
Mould into four patties and fry each side until cooked to your liking
Serve with crispy lettuce, fresh tomatoes and some homemade guacamole
Peel and chop two ripe avocados
Mash with a fork and add two cloves of chopped garlic
Chop 6 cherry tomatoes and half a lime
Add the chopped tomatoes and squeeze half a lime into the avocado and garlic mix
Mix thoroughly and serve immediately with some veggies to dip
Lightly fry some turkey breast mince
Add chopped garlic- about two cloves and a few shallots
Add a handful of chopped mushrooms and some unsalted peanuts
Add a tablespoon of oyster sauce and soy sauce
Once cooked, add a poached egg on top with a few chopped scallions, some more drops of soy sauce and some sesame seeds
Preheat your oven to 180
Rub two breasts of chicken with butter, salt and pepper
Wrap in bacon tightly with some basil and mozzarella tucked under each piece of bacon
Wrap in a little tin foil and place in the oven
For last 10 minutes of cooking remove the tin foil for a little crisp to the bacon
Also oven cook a few tomatoes on the vine with some olive oil and salt
Serve together with a little extra olive oil blitzed with basil as a dressing
1. Avoid all processed, refined, chemically treated packaged food as much as possible.
2. Avoid white bread, pasta, rice, cakes etc…
3. Cut down milky tea and coffee. Replace it with green tea or a pre-workout coffee.
4. Add more protein to your meals, alongside green leafy veggies.
5. Drink between 2-3 litres of water a day.
6. Choose coconut or almond milk over regular milk if having porridge or similar.
7. Start your day with a protein-rich breakfast like eggs with asparagus and lean bacon.
8. Cut out or cut down on alcohol as much as possible as it causes havoc with your hormonal profile.
9. Add nuts and seeds such as almonds and flaxseed to your daily menu- sprinkle them on salads, add them to porridge, mix them in your vegetable smoothies.
10. Eat 5-6 small meals per day, in place of three big meals. Eat little and often and don’t allow yourself to get hungry.
Throw in some recommended supplements and you won’t know yourself after a few weeks!
We sell a Four Week Fat Loss plan which will really help you on your new Clean Eating Path. You can buy it here!
Good luck guys 🙂