Just a quick post to remind you as to what kind of hours we are open so you can stay healthy over the holidays:
Dec 24th- Christmas Eve- Open for group classes only – Just a few places remaining!
Dec 25th- Christmas Day- CLOSED
Dec 26th- Stephen’s Day – CLOSED
Dec 31st- New Year’s Eve- Open as normal
Jan 1st- New Year’s Day- Open as normal
Some clean-eating tips for the Christmas Holidays
If, like us, you love your food, don’t avoid everything you love or you will spend your quality time off feeling very sorry for yourself.
We do, however, ask you to watch your portion size, maybe not for your Christmas Day lunch but here are some hand tips to help you choose the healthier option!
1. Swap your regular potato for sweet potato and your turnip for butternut squash mashed with sauteed red onion, a little real butter and some salt and pepper- delicious!
2. Try frying your Brussel Sprouts in coconut oil with some lean turkey bacon- savage with some poached eggs for breakfast!
3. Try having your turkey without the skin and opt for homemade cranberry sauce instead of pre-mixed gravy or better still, use the juices from your lean meats.
4. If you have a sweet tooth, keep a stock of 85% dark chocolate at hand. This is also delicious as an alternative and healthier hot chocolate! Mix one cup of heated almond milk with three squares of 85% Green & Black’s chocolate and add some mint oil for flavour if you like too. Finish off with a little blob of cream, as it is Christmas after all…
When the gym is closed, here’s a little Body Composition routine you can try at home over Christmas, to help ease the post-lunch guilt:
How to do the perfect Burpee
The perfect Squat Technique
– 20 Crunches
– 10 Burpees
– 20 Body weight squats
– 20 Leg raises
* Repeat this sequence four times and finish your whole exercise routine with a 1 minute plank and 50 jumping jacks to get your heart racing!
Cool down with a gentle jog to get your heart rate back down again 🙂
We are fully stocked for all of our supplements, but we do recommend that you grab your Infinity Fuel, Probiotics and Fish oils while you can and as soon as possible as these do tend to sell out quickly for the January gym-goers looking to detox!
Should you need anything over the holidays, drop us a line here…
From all of the team at The Edge: Clontarf, have a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year for 2014!