Easy Chicken Stir-Fry
Looking for a healthy mid-week meal that’s easy to whip together in just a few minutes?
For heavy training days, add some brown or basmati rice or some rice-noodles!
So simple, so tasty- and easy to add your own favourite veggies too…
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2-in piece of ginger, peeled and minced
3 carrots, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1/2 tsp pink sea salt
4-6 tbsp Tamari/Low sodium so sauce/1/2 c coconut aminos
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 cup mixed peppers, chopped
4-6 cooked diced chicken breast
1 tbsp lime juice
Chilli flakes, chopped scallions & sesame seeds to garnish
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large wok over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes until cooked.
3. Add garlic and ginger to the pan and saute for approx. 1 minute. Leave aside in a bowl
4. Add chicken and stir until cooked through.
5. Add carrots, broccoli, salt and tamari. Cook for 10 mins, covered, stirring on occasion.
6. Remove lid and add peppers and mushrooms, cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes.
7. Add eggs to a separate warm pan and fry until crispy in coconut oil, but soft in the centre.
8. Squeeze lime juice over stir-fry once it reaches desired temperature.
9. Add back in the onions, ginger and garlic into the pan with the chicken and veggies.
10. Serve in bowls, top with a fried egg per person and garnish with chopped chillis (red), chopped scallions and scatter with sesame seeds.