James is the Co-Director of The Edge. He started his interest in the fitness world at the age of 4 with martial arts training. By the age of 15, James had his own Personal Trainer and shortly afterwards won the Tae Kwon-Do World Cup, amongst other international and Irish titles. James currently competes in Olympic weighting and has competed in the Masters World championships.
James’ training methodology is to get fast effective results that are sustainable and suitable to every population and is constantly up-skilling and researching to implement the latest in modern training recommendations. James has worked in the industry since 2003 and has undertaken numerous training courses, an MSc in nutritional and exercise science through Chester University and gained a plethora of complimentary qualifications.
To remain at the cutting edge of the health & fitness industry, James is constantly updating his knowledge to get results in the most effective and efficient way for his clients, trainers and to motivate and educate through corporate wellbeing talks.
- Exercise & Nutrition Science
NSCA – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- PICP – Charles Poliquin International Certification Program Level 1 & 2
- Bodyfat & biosignature – Charles Poliquin
- NLC – Nutritional Lifestyle Coach CHEK institute
- PN- Precision Nutrition level 1
Phil Richards – Nutritional & blood panels Internship
Phil Richards – Private Strength and Conditioning Internship 2008
- Kinetic advantage – Biomechanics in powerlifting
- Weightlifting barbell training: 2 x Olympian Martin Zewaja
- Weightlifting training: 2012 London Olympian Norik Vardanyan
- Nutritional Training w/ Martin McDonald (Team GB Olympics) 2013