This Lime, Chilli & Coconut Chicken is the perfect little midweek dinner or indeed a nice replacement for your ‘takeaway’ night. Why not give it a try this week?
1 lime- juice and zest
1⁄2 lemon- juice of
2 tblsp sweet chili sauce (low sugar option)
1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 large garlic clove finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated or finely chopped)
1 mild chilli finely chopped (seeds removed)
1 tbls sesame oil
3 chicken fillets
Can of light coconut milk
- Mix all ingredients apart from your coconut milk and chicken breasts in a big bowl.
- Slice chicken breasts and put into the bowl with the marinade and mix well, making sure all chicken strips are thoroughly coated.
- Seal the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least an hour to marinade.
- Remove from the fridge and heat a frying pan on medium-high.
- Take the chicken strips out of the marinade, and scrape all the marinade off. Put the chicken in the pan and once one side of the strips are browned, turn over. Then tip the rest of your marinade into the pan, around the chicken.
- Cook chicken and marinade for a few seconds, then add coconut milk. Allow to boil, then turn down and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with crunchy veggies and some fluffy wholegrain rice.