We’ve all been there- try a diet for a few days, give up, start again, do a quick detox, fall down again…You begin to see a horrible pattern which takes our body on a little rollercoaster ride of calories, bingeing and sugary highs and lows.
Here are our tried and tested tips on finding the balance and sticking to your goals:
What you need to do is find some consistency!
- Start off with a boost- a new plan such as our Pillars for Men and Women.
- Give yourself a little milestone- four weeks is usually good.
- Measure yourself at day 1 and each week. We also suggest taking photos, even if you are the only one seeing them.
- It’s all about tracking your improvements. Watch what you eat and keep a food diary- and honest one!
- By elimination certain foods, you will start to feel hungry as you will naturally crave sugar when you take it away- make sure to increase your good healthy fats and drink lots of water during this time.
- Snack between meals- think almonds, guacamole with veggies, blueberries, even an egg or some turkey sausage- never go hungry!
- Get a buddy to take part too- it’ll make it more of a challenge and will seem a little more fun too.
- Reward yourself after the four weeks- and start again. Milestone by milestone.
- Keep your programs at the gym interesting and keep challenging yourself.
- Invest in some good healthy clean eating recipe books and teach yourself new recipes and try new foods.
- Don’t buy treats- keep your fridge and presses clean and the cravings won’t be as strong!
- Have the odd cheat meal but don’t let your cheat meal turn into a full day or weekend in so far as possible.
- But don’t let your diet become your life. This is about a gradual lifestyle change- not a quick fix.
- Be gentle on yourself and if you are feeling like crap- which we all do from time to time, keep the before photo handy and remind yourself as to how far you have come…
- If our way of thinking kind of matches your way of thinking, why not pop along for a free consultation about personal training and nutrition and your personal goals and we will get you on the path to a healthier happier you!
Contact email@example.com to take that first step!